Monday, August 15, 2016

I spoke yesterday about my religious history--primarily about institutions, and some beliefs, but today, I'd like to talk about practices. Unlike many practitioners of Western religious, I am a big believer in practice over dogma. I have a strong healthy relationship with God, and that relationship grows and blooms, but doesn't really waver. This relationship seems really different from the relationship that I perceive that others have with God. Maybe more on this later. But first I want to talk about the little things that keep me close to God.

I also like to spend a lot of time outdoors--especially at the beach or in the woods. I feel that gardening is a form of care taking the earth.

I also care for animals and adopt strays whenever possible. I feel that it's my particular duty to care for them, especially when they are alone and afraid. I would like to work in an animal shelter, but cannot because I know that I would take them all home.

I also like to make things. I think that this act of creation is spiritual.

I pray. I meditate. I read.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shell,

    I don't know if you want comments on this blog. If not, feel free to delete this.

    I feel the same way about tending to plants and animals being spiritual acts.


    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete